Syneos Health Releases 2018 Commercial Trends Forecast
“2018 will be a year of Commercial transformation,” said
Commercial leaders from across
Trends identified by
- The Influencers are Changing - Today, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) own more than 60 percent of physician group practices. Those delivery networks as well as advocacy groups, third-party value frameworks, and an ever-smaller circle of payers all play a part in a greater shift centered on how value is defined, delivered and measured in the current healthcare environment.
- New Voices are Being Heard - A whole range of new voices are being elevated as influencers seeking partners who can tell a unique value story. Pharmaceutical medical teams, sales teams, key opinion leaders, advocacy partners and other critical affiliates pool capabilities in finding new ways to engage and co-create nearly every aspect of the health experience.
- Points of Influence are Rapidly Evolving - The average patient journey diagram once outlined four or five predictable steps representing a real-life journey – which is no longer the case. In 2018, the patient experience map is being radically updated to reflect new points of interaction.
- The Commercial Outlook is Shifting - In 2018, commercial teams are involved far earlier in the drug development cycle, hyper focused and crisis ready. Pharmaceutical innovators are increasingly breaking down the silos that have long divided the clinical and commercial disciplines.
The Commercial Trends Forecast is the latest addition to the annual trends series from
This is the seventh year that
“The health experience is not just about interactions with one brand or disease state – it’s about far deeper interactions with peers, families, technology and media,” said
Trend Implications – Connect with Us to Learn More
- Download all five of the 2018 trends reports at trends.health
- Subscribe to our podcast for further coverage of commercial trends and implications for biopharmaceutical companies in 2018
Syneos Healthon LinkedIn where we'll share additional perspectives from our leaders including videos from our recent panels at Biotech Showcase and Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this press release are forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results might differ materially from those explicit or implicit in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, but are not limited to: risks associated with the integration of our business with the business of inVentiv, and our operation of the combined business following the closing of the Merger; our ability to maintain or generate new business awards; our ability to increase our market share, grow our business, and execute our growth strategies; our backlog not being indicative of future revenues and our ability to realize the anticipated future revenue reflected in our backlog; our ability to adequately price our contracts and not overrun cost estimates; general and international economic, political, and other risks, including currency and stock market fluctuations and the uncertain economic environment; fluctuations in our financial results; reliance on key personnel; our customer or therapeutic area concentration; and the other risk factors set forth in our Form-Q for the quarter ended
Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 919 745 2745
+1 202 210 5992
Source: Syneos Health